Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Writer's Group

I went to the writer's workshop meeting I attend twice monthly. It was this group that refueled my writing bug and is motivating me to get my book done. This group is comprised of a wide variety of people working on a wide variety of writing - from poets to short story or memoir writers to fiction novel authors. I think currently I am the only one in the group working on a children's book. When ready to share, you bring a copy of your work for everyone to read and they critique the work and give their feedback. This is such an important part of the writing process. So, I am working on having my first book ready for them to critique at our next meeting- in 2 weeks. I hope I make that self-imposed deadline and I can't wait to get their opinions of my work. :) I may also ask for some volunteers from you- my blog readers- to help with that, too, so if you're interested... let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment